Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Week of The Wedding

Why is it that it takes forever for your birthday to come, forever for Christmas to come, forever for that vacation to come..... but your wedding comes and goes so fast. Literally! 

The week before the wedding we had a lot going on... I worked up until Wednesday, Phil worked until Thursday, we had family coming in town starting Tuesday, date changes and rsvp's continuing to come  (my advice to anyone... don've have a seating chart, or personalized name cards), my final fitting, a CRAZY rainstorm Thursday and Friday, a party at my parents for all the families to meet, pampering appointments and all the other last minute things you do the week of the wedding. For the most part I think I stayed pretty calm (Phil may say different). 

What's a crazy week without a little humor? We definitely had that, however all jokes were on my poor father. He had his brand new tux, and wanted to get his shoes shined for this exciting day so my mom took a pair of his shoes to be shined at a little hole in the wall place she always go to. Well I guess those shoes weren't meant to be because the place caught on fire.....and yes the shoes turned into ashes.  So he just picked another pair from his closet and this time decided to shine them himself. Remember the CRAZY rainstorm I mentioned earlier. Well anyone who lives in Vegas knows we don't get much rain, and when we do it lasts all of 5 minutes. Not this one. It poured, and not just for 5 minutes, pretty much for 2 straight days. To make a long story short, my brother had borrowed my dad's car, thought he could make it through a puddle, and...well.... not quite. That car is still being "looked at." He didn't let any of this effect the week, and that's why my dads the best!

Friday was here before we knew it and had an amazing rehearsal and rehearsal dinner. One of my best friends, Savanna put together an amazing surprise to end the night, and to kick off the morning of the wedding! A party bus for the bridal party. From Bonnie Springs, to John Cutter, to Paymons....What a night=) 


No comments:

Post a Comment